No, it is not safe for dogs to eat rhubarb.
Rhubarb contains oxalic acid, which is toxic to dogs. The leaves of the rhubarb plant contain higher concentrations of oxalic acid compared to the stalks (which are commonly used in cooking), but the entire plant should be avoided to be safe.
Ingesting rhubarb can lead to various health issues in dogs, including gastrointestinal upset, drooling, abdominal pain, diarrhea, tremors, and even kidney damage. In severe cases, it can be toxic and potentially life-threatening.
If you suspect that your dog has ingested rhubarb or is showing any signs of illness after consuming it, it is important to seek veterinary attention immediately. The veterinarian will be able to provide appropriate guidance and treatment for your dog based on their specific condition.
Further Reading :